The history

Built around 1807

When tourists began to travel through Krokskogen, there was a greater need for served food and overnight accommodation. From old there had been coach stations at Øvre Jonsrud in Lommedalen valley, at Midtskogen in Krokskogen, and at Sundvollen by Tyrifjorden. Øvre Jonsrud had also been an inn. When the road across Sollihøgda was finished around 1860, the coach station at Øvre Jonsrud became superfluous, and soon closed down. Kleivstua was built around 1807. This was of course due to the redirection of the road across Sørkleiva. Kleivstua is beautifully located on top of Sørkleiva.

Facts

Rooms 42
Beds 96
Restaurant 130
Conference capacity 100
Season All year

+47 32 16 14 00

Send e-mail